Friday, November 13, 2009

Ultimatum

Well...I'm suprised to see that Josh did not delete our precious blog. He told me last Sunday that if I did not blog by this Wednesday that he was going to delete it....but here we are and it's FRIDAY!! I'm still not exactly sure what I am going to blog about (which is why I haven't bogged yet) but we'll see what happens. Josh and I laugh about our blog quite often because it started out as something that I really wanted to do and Josh had no interest in doing it. Now, Josh has turned into a fantastic blogger and I can never seem to put my thoughts to words in a timely fashion. :)

In a book I'm reading called, "Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts" ,by Les & Leslie Parrott (recommended to me by a friend and it's excellent) they talk about how most people have what they call "unspoken rules" that they assume other people will follow even though they may have no clue what they are. I thought this was so funny because Josh and I have broken eachothers "unspoken rules" NUMEROUS times. To further my goal of creating a humerous blog below you will find a list of a few of what I think Josh's unspoken rules are.

1. Do not call Josh when he is in class.
Consequence: He will email you his schedule and request that you print it and display it anywhere you might possibly go before the semester is over. :)
2. Limit phone calls to 10 minutes or less.
3. DO NOT BE LATE...EVER! Haha...
4. Volume in vehicles should not be set highter than 12.
5. Vegetables=bad.
6. Heinze ketchup is the best and there is not another brand that could ever measure up to its greatness.
Haha, that is about all I can think of at the moment. Maybe Josh will create a list of what he thinks my "unspoken rules" are this coming Wednesday! Hint, Hint, Josh.

One thing I love about Josh is the joy that he adds to my life. God has given me an incredible gift by putting Josh in my life and I have known it since we first starting dating. Our relationship has brought a lot of laughter and joy into both of our lives. I'm thankful for all of our friends and family that have added so much joy to our lives.

"You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound."
Psalms 4:7

1 comment:

  1. Wow Brooke, you definately know Josh. Unfortuntaely several of these unspoken rules came from his father, so I feel your pain! So glad to hear both of you are reading about marriage and preparing for the many changes ahead of you. We are SO proud and love both of you very much!!

    ReplyDelete